Fun Belt Podcast dug deep into the mysteries of the Sun Belt in Episode 4, recruiting Chris Vannini of The Athletic to parse the tea leaves of realignment, the USA Today Coaches Poll, and something about SBC Commissioner Keith Gill personally wooing Marshall. What did we learn from Chris?
- “Vannini” rhymes with “panini”
- The Sun Belt will not be joining forces with CUSA to create a Mega Super Conference anytime soon because, well, what’s in it for the Belt? (A: Nut’n)
- If anybody is going to thwart the Sun Belt Troika of Appalachian State, Louisiana, and Coastal Carolina, it might be Georgia State
- The Week One game Chris is looking forward to most: Louisiana v Texas
- Ben informed us that the Sun Belt does not have a basketball broadcast contract
- Dusty was glad to hear that ULM has no plans to step down to FCS
- I sometime confuse “The Athletic” with “The Atlantic” which I think is a compliment, really